Hi everyone today we are going to learn how to crochet the herringbone single crochet stitch! I’m going to show you how to crochet this. I think this crochet stitch also looks really nice when it falls vertically. In this tutorial, I am using super chunky yarn and a 12 millimeter crochet hook but you can use any yarn weight and hook you want. Here is the basic written instruction for you:
- FOUNDATION CHAIN: Ch 11. (Swatch has 10 sts)
- ROW 1 (RS): Working into the back bumps of the ch, SC in the 2nd ch from the hook, HSC in each ch until end, turn. <10>
- ROW 2 (WS): Ch 1, SC in 1st st, HSC in each st until end, turn. <10>
- ROW 3 (RS): Ch 1, SC in 1st st, HSC in each st until end, turn.
- Repeat ROWS 2-3 for pattern. <10>